Journeywoman & Journeyman Electrician
Pay starting at $25/hour depending on experience.
Driver’s License (Required)
Electrical License (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Day Shift (Required)
Night Shift (Required)
Overnight Shift (Required)
Full Job Description
Currently looking for experienced Journeymen Electricians to join our commercial projects located in Austin, TX. Candidates must be in the Austin or the Austin area. Interested candidates must be familiar with updated NEC codes. Under general supervision, install, repair, maintain, and test electrical equipment and circuits performing at the journey level.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Splice electrical wiring i.e., strip insulation, twist wires together, solder, tape, apply terminal caps, etc.
- Operate electronic testing equipment.
- Pull wire, conduit, cable, etc. Measure, cut & bend wire & conduit using rulers & hand tools.
- Use various electrician hand tools i.e., snips, screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, etc.
- Check/clean/service equipment, pumps, power tools, etc.
- Read profiles and blueprints.
- Connect wires to fixtures, equipment, generators, motors, etc. Connect power cables to equipment i.e., generators, alarm systems, lighting systems, etc.
- Install conductors. Install wire, conduit, coaxial cable, etc.
- Operate drills, buffers, grinders, sanders, etc. Operate various power saws, i.e., radial arm, skill, etc. Operate soldering tools.
- Verify compliance and functionality of installations
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure productivity objectives are met
- Coordinate with other trades on site
- Responsible for keeping and maintaining a clean workspace
- Ensure that safety is paramount on all job sites
Requirements of the Journeywoman & Journeyman Electrician
- Must be familiar with updated NEC codes
- Ability to solve problems independently
- 4+ years of commercial electrical experience preferred
- Must be 18 years or older
- Basic hand tools for apprentices, hand, and power tools for the journeyman level.
- Experience operating power tools
- Reliable transportation
Responsibilities – Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
Not required but preferred
Supervisory and/or Leadership Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of basic electricity.
- Knowledge of safety rules and procedures when working with energized electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of building codes applicable to level of construction.
- Knowledge of equipment tools and materials used in electrical maintenance and construction.
- Skill in the use of hand tools common to the electrical trade.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and schematics.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus four years experience in repair, testing, maintenance or installation of electrical systems or equipment.
One additional year of relevant work experience may substitute for one year of the required education with a maximum substitution of four years.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
Texas Journeyman Electrician License
Other appropriate licensing may be required.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Commercial Electrical: 4 years (Preferred)
- Residential Electrical: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Electrical License (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Multiple Locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Self Assessment.